Department of MCA: (Master of Computer Applications)
The Department of MCA was established in the academic year 1994 - 95 with an intake of 60 students (42 from counselling and 18 from management). It was first affiliated to Acharya Nagarjuna University and later to Krishna University, Machilipatnam. From the academic year 2017-2018, Loyola has been granted the status of autonomy for PG courses. We developed a new syllabus (with Python, Android application development, Big Data, Cloud Computing, etc.) for the upcoming batches in order to meet the requirements of the software industry. We offer CBCS (Choice-based Credit System) as part of our curriculum.
MCA is a three-year programme with one full semester devoted to project work. In addition to the core courses in Computer Science covering the basic knowledge areas, there are other courses from Mathematics and Management which enable the students to acquire the required skills for a successful future career. The elective courses offered in the emerging areas give them an opportunity to be in the forefront of technology and applications. The whole-semester individual project is expected to give students an experience in tackling many a problem from its specification through design, implementation, and testing to possible deployment and maintenance planning.
1. To excel in problem solving and programming skills in the various computing fields of IT
2. To develop the ability to plan, analyse, design, code, test, implement & maintain a software
product for real time system. To promote students’ capability to set up their own enterprises in
various sectors of Computer Applications.
3. To help students in finding solutions and developing system-based applications for real time
problems in various domains involving technical, managerial, economical & social constraints.
4. We encourage students to do an in-house mini project under faculty guidance in order to teach
them the necessary skills to do the major project in future.
5. On completion of the mini project, students will feel competent to complete their major projects.
1. Application of knowledge of mathematical, algorithmic, and computing principles.
2. Analysis and interpretation of data, making inferences from the resulting data and applying technical skills to solve real time problems.
3. Designing a system or module to meet desired needs, which undergoes various phases of software development lifecycle.
4. Investigating, designing, and conducting experiments by applying critical thinking to solve complex problems.
5. Making effective use of modern tools and techniques to develop a software system.
6. Inculcating a professional and ethical attitude.
7. Understanding the need for and having an ability to inculcate quality, timeliness, and continuous improvement.
8. Developing managerial skills in multidisciplinary approach.
9. Preparing technical documents and making effective presentation.
10. Developing teamwork and leadership skills necessary to function productively and professionally towards a common goal.
11. Developing as an entrepreneur in the software domain through innovative approach.
Ø Student-friendly College Management with an international exposure and expertise.
Ø Competent and committed staff with many years of experience in teaching and exposure.
Ø Foundation Courses for all students to get familiarised with the latest computer technology.
Ø From 4th semester, there are electives and a student can opt for his/her own choice of subject.
Ø General electives like communication skills, soft skills, etc., are part of our curriculum.
Ø Regular field trips, seminars, talks by experts, workshops, etc., for the benefit of students.
Ø A vast campus with an excellent infrastructure and a well-furnished computer lab.
Ø All newspapers and magazines available in air-conditioned PG library and Reading Room.
Ø An eco-friendly green campus serving generations of students for more than 6 decades.
Ø Spacious playgrounds for all games along with a modern gym for students.
Ø Free medical service by a resident doctor and a nurse during working hours.
Ø Campus canteen with reasonable rates for staff and students.
Ø Separate hostels for men and women with excellent facilities at affordable charges.
Ø Excellent Placement Cell with a good track record for all professional students.
Ø Annual Cultural Week BHAVANA for PG students to promote ‘Cultures for Unity’.
Ø A galaxy of eminent and illustrious alumni/ae spreading Loyola culture all over the world.
Ø One has to be very fortunate to get a golden chance to study at Loyola!
Please visit our blog: http://alcmcadept14.blogspot.in/?m=1