Dear friend, but if a while I think of thee, all joys are restored and sorrows end. RAVURI JYOTSNA, a newly joined 1st year MCA student met with an accident and left the world on 3rd september 2015 .Students were left in astonishment and wanted to do something in her name. “We may not have everything together but together we have everything ”. All the hands were joined together and they have collected Rs 15,000 and donated it to a student in ALCAA. They also wanted to make the campus clean and green and as a promotion for “SWACHH BHARAT” , students made the garden clean and planted trees. The program was organised in collaboration with NSS unit under the dynamic leadership of our Vice Principal Rev Fr Dr A Rex Angelo SJ. NSS co-ordinator Sankar and all the departmental faculty and students participated in the activity.
The morning session began at 10.00 am with a presentation by Mrs Poonam on career guidance and job opportunities, followed by a presentation on New Technologies In IT by Mr Sreedhar who talked about the importance of technologies like JQuery, Backbonejs, Angularjs, Bootstrap and HTML 5 and concluded at 12.00 noon.
All participants then disbursed for lunch.
The afternoon session began at 1.15 pm. The session began with a presentation by Mrs Manjula on Soft skills, followed by Project Planning and Project Deployment by Mr Anand and Mrs Gayatri. They talked about the project life-cycle,management and deployment. Their talk was supported with a slide show.
· MCA students participated and won awards in extracurricular activities like sports and Bhavana.
· N. keerthana(NMCA19) T. Tirupathi R ao(NMCA-28) and participated in workshop on HTML 5 conducted by P.B.Siddhartha College during Aug 8th 2014 – Aug 10th 2014 and won merit certificates
Highlights of MCA
Five MOU’s from the following IT Companies
- Galla IT Software Solutions : 9/9/2014
- Krishna IT Solutions : 8/9/2014
- Dr Computer in IT & Ecom Services : 3/9/2014
- S.S. Enterprise Solution provider : 3/9/2014
- Moztech : 24/9/2014
Have been signed and they have promised to give internships for students which will enable them to do the practical work and get 100% job security.
· MCA department conducted a national level IT event called Samiksha on Dec 1st and 2nd 2014 and invited around six nearby states like Telangana, Orissa, Tamilnadu, Karnataka, Kerala and all districts of Andhra Pradesh. Our department conducted total 11 events and there was huge response among all participants.
· Facutly of MCA Mrs A. Manjula Rani and Mrs. R.P.L.D. Poonam attended workshop on HTML5 at P.B. Siddhartha college on Aug 9th ,10th 11th in the year 2014.
o Participated in UGC Sponsored Mathematics and computer science seminar.
o Participated in two days WIKIPEDIA workshop on Aug 12th 13th in the year 2014
· Mrs. Poonam published papers in various journals and are as follows
o Published paper on “M-Commerce” in International Journal IJDCST
o Published paper on “ An Innovative Method For Content Based Image Retrieval Using Hmm Based Intermediate Matching Kernel ”in International journal IJARCST
o Published paper on “ Discriminative Feature Selection by NonParametric Bayes Error Minimization ” in international journal IJARCCE
o Published paper and Participated in UGC sponsored ICT Seminar in Aug 12th and given PPT presentation in M-Commerence.
· Mrs. Manjula published papers on “Open Courseware Training” in International Journal.
· Participated in UGC sponsored I.T Seminar in Aug 12th and given PPT presentation in OCWT.
· MCA department along with staff and students participated in Sramadanam on 30/09/2014 and visited to donate fruits and blankets to old age homes and orphanage and lab to land program to share the knowledge and encourage the poor students
· 2014 Passed out
1. T.Malleswara Rao (dmca-34)
2. J.Manohar (dmca-32)
· 2013-2014 Batch(Present Final Years)
1. R.Mohini Nagma (dmca-41)
2. A. Tanjua (dmca-55)
· Mrs A.Mary Manjula Rani, Department of MCA and co-vice principal-PG, has put in 100% attendance during the academic year 2014-2015.
Guest Lecutrers And Seminars
- Current Technologies (HTML 5) used in IT Industry by K. Raju Working as a Software Engineer in “ Neptunium Technologies ” Bangalore on 22nd JULY 2014.
- Importance of Oracle and “Opportunities abroad for IT Students” delivered by V. Jayapaul Reddy working as a Database Administrator and as a faculty member in “Washington University” in USA. On 26th JULY 2014.
- Soft Skills Training was conducted by Ms. Mary Matt Oakland and ‘C’ Programming by Jesse Harder from Santa Clara University, USA on 2nd August 2014
- Career guidance seminar is given by D. Praveen Kumar, Software Engineer working in Oracle Corporation in Hitech city, Hyderabad on 13th December, 2014 for final year students.
- Guest Lecture delivered by Mr Rosi Reddy (Senior Software Engineer, Sapient Technologies Bangalore) on career guidance for first year students.